Sunday, April 6, 2014

March 24, 2014



Hello family!

Time is flying and the work is Roll-in forward! We have been pushing so hard to CONTACT, I really truly love contacting, you honestly never know what you’re going to say, there is a special thrill with opening your mouth and hearing words spill out. It’s simply exhausting-- and EXHILLERATING. I have learned that we can't succeed without failing first, and we might be rejected 20 times... OK sometimes WAY more than that before we find someone who wants to hear this message. 

On Saturday Sister Bair and I were searching for some less-actives on the bay and decided to knock the street, door after door, nothing. (best 2 years quote?)  We headed back to the car but both felt we should try ONE more door. This last house is where we found Tara, a beautiful Christian woman who is looking for more answers and peace. Miracle! We moved to another area and started to contact and knock with not very much success, it was getting late and time to go back to the apartment but felt strongly that ONE more person needed to hear our message, we spotted Damien taking out the trash.  We ran after him (literally...in a non creepy way?)...from the second we started talking the spirit came flooding in and prompted us to share the Restoration...the WHOLE Restoration!? In a contact that is something that is hard to do, but we kept feeling nudged, when we got to the first vision, he said that this was the answer he was looking for, he had been praying earlier that day to know what church to join. On my mission I can think of some very special moments, and this was one of them. We were about to go home, but because we wanted to try ONE more Heavenly Father had someone prepared for us. We never know who is ready. "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation." 2 Nephi 22:2.
We got bikes! cruised like a mile and I almost crashed 4 times...
you know how I am ha but they will be used more when it stops snowing
I'm so grateful for all of the experience I've had so far, life changing experiences and the people I've met. Mostly I've learned the importance of turning to our Savior Jesus Christ. He KNOWS our needs, He KNOWS our desires. He KNOWS US!

Thank you for all of your support and encouragement! I love this work!

Sending love from Joisey
Sister Houghton

P.S Loved hearing everyone's voices on the recorder. Tell everyone I love them dearly! Uncle Curtis- I am on Snookie alert, haven't met her yet....she will be baptized :)

I love you all!
Cutest little girl, she wants to be a missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment