Monday, April 21, 2014

April 7, 2014


Hi Ya Family!
 
Well another transfer has come and gone and I'm in........SCOTCH PLAINS! With the beautiful and hilarious Sister Andrus! She is a powerhouse and I'm grateful to be with her! She is from Sandy Utah and has been out 6 weeks. I just LOVE her. This area is unlike any I've been in before, everything is ...well on the higher end. Its absolutely gorgeous and I'm already lov'n it :)
 
I think I might carry around a get-your-companion sick bug. Poor Sister Andrus has been pretty sick the past week and feeling pretty miserable, I could not remember what to do for coughs I was racking my brain, I kept trying to give her random types of food/herbal teas to help. Gained a new respect for the moms out in the world. Poor Sister Andrus was so patient with me trying to help her and through it all super positive. She's just great. :)

We were able to watch conference and boy, was it incredible! I think my heart about fell apart watching President Packer bear his (final?) testimony of the divinity of our Savior Jesus Christ. I grabbed onto Sister Andrus's hand and started to cry, I don't know the apostles personally but it feels like they are a huge part of my life. I'm not sure if this is the end for President Packer but I am grateful for all he has done for this work, and his testimony. It was powerful.
 
Sunday morning during companionship study I told Sister Andrus that I REALLY wanted to improve and work on follow-up. Make the Investigators/everyone else more accountable... :) and ka-pow Elder Ballard had an amazing uplifting talk on follow-up. Heavenly Father answers our prayers, in ways that we sometimes don't even know. Did you receive any answers to your prayers this conference?

 This area is new for Sisters. We are looking, searching and praying to find people to teach. We have sweet Pat who is planning on being baptized next month, if you could include her in your prayers we would be so grateful. She has suffered from cancer and is praying for the strength to be baptized on that day.

Thank you for all of your love and support! I'm very blessed to have all of you in my life! Keep up the incredible work and find someone to share your testimony with.

My last zone of sisters :) on Pday
 

I LOVE YOU

Sending love from New Jersey
Sister Heather Sue Houghton

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment