Monday, April 21, 2014

April 14, 2014

Dearest Family....

Hello from the East Coast!
 
First thank you for your prayers we are feeling them.....It's been beautiful weather, a beautiful week and we have a BEAUTIFUL message. we have been praying and working with every ounce of energy that we have.

The young women are on FIRE here, we went with them to find a less-active family...the family let us ALL in. There was 20 bodies crammed into one little room (non-member friends included) Everyone was talking and hugging and laughing. I forgot what it was like to be in young women's...love it. when we shared the message everyone was silent.... and the spirit was strong, 2 of their friends are now either an investigator or super close. We are comin' for you :)

Our cute Investigator Pat is ALSO on Fire. She showed up to church, its a painful process for her to walk, but she came, with a cane and slow shuffled steps AND the Brightest purples sneakers I have ever seen in my life. The other ward had a baptism and she said this is an old fashioned baptism like they do in the new testament. That's because it is the SAME. the EXACT same as our savior was baptized Pat. She got really smiley after that. She kept telling people that she was going to be a member...my heart might explode with so much love for her. She is incredible and has a heart of gold. (her date is may 4th...may the fourth be with you :)...she's is a star wars fan) I got to speak in Sacrament meeting on the apostasy and Restoration and Pat gave me a thumbs up and some really big smiles. Isn't she the greatest? I might have introduced myself as " Hi I'm Sister Houghton...I know its hard pronounced like Santa Clause Ho-Ho-Houghton" it just came out, sometimes I have no control over this mouth, but now the ward members call me Sister Ho-Ho-Houghton :) Sister Andrus sang "Come thou Font of Every Blessing" She sings like an angel literally. She is amazing.

Sister Ho-ho-Houghton!
 I can't even describe the love for the members, the investigators and the area. I have only been here 2 weeks and I think my heart might explode. It is incredible here. We have been praying and searching and working and working to find prepared people. It is a slow process but it is coming along, this area is building up and I am so grateful for all the tender mercies and love we have felt. I KNOW that a lot of it has to do with your prayers and your fasting. Thank you. Thank you for helping the missionary work grow in this beautiful part of the Lords Vineyard. I feel like the people of Alma by the waters of Mormon when they said "How BEAUTIFUL are they to the eyes of them who there came to the knowledge of their Redeemer; yea, and how blessed are they, for they shall to sing his praise forever" (Mosiah 18:30).

This is the WAY. I'm grateful for this knowledge. Time to give EVERYTHING I have to him. Time is flying to fast. I love you all! Go spread the good news!

Sending love from Beautiful Scotch Plains New Jersey
Sister Heather Sue Houghton

 
P.S I held a bunny at a members home! Happy Easter!

The bunnies! soo cute and cuddly!  My new companion Sister Andrus
 

No comments:

Post a Comment