Sunday, April 6, 2014

March 31, 2014


Hello Familia,

I'm getting transferred, ha It's becoming a little of a joke out here because I've never stayed in an area longer than 2 transfers. this is what I had prayed for before my mission, I'm grateful for all that I've experienced and all the places I've seen but I never imagined how hard transfers could be. Maybe bitter-sweet is a better word for it. Especially this transfer, I am getting released as a Sister Training Leader and the love I have for the Sisters is hard to describe, the LOVE for the people here even harder, and the love for my companion. Whew! I can't even talk about it without tearing up. I blame it on my emotional female side. But I'm excited for the opportunity I have to meet my new companeria! I'm follow-up training her, which means she's been out for 6 weeks. And I'm so excited to LEARN from her faith and hard work, there is something really special about fresh new missionaries.

Uncle Duane and Aunt Elizabeth.  It was so wonderful to meet them.
They are truly wonderful people.

A group of the older women in the ward.
They are all hilarious and ride in a big mini van to church together. 

Contacting brings miracles!  Plain and simple. Chris (who we contacted in the parking lot) is getting baptized in a couple of weeks!...I accidentlly lost his number to give to the Sisters so they could teach  him....you know losing things run in the family. But I kept feeling prompted to tell the Sisters about him and to go to his home and SEE him. Last week I FINALLY did, the Sisters visited him..... he is getting baptized next month and came to church yesterday! It is a huge miracle. I'm incredibly GRATEFUL for the spirit’s guidance in ALL parts of this, finding....remembering to give him to the Sisters (my bad) the sisters teaching him and the way he felt at church. The spirit is part of every single facet of this work.  He told us he had been praying for God to direct him to know where to go in life, and feels like the holes in his life are being filled! This is a gospel of fulfillment, of Happiness and the way back.

Chris
We were driving in the rain yesterday and saw this man walking with an umbrella; we pulled over, rolled down the window and shared a message with him. He said he was looking for the truth! It was a special experience to testify through the window about Gods plan for him.  Heavenly Father has MANY prepared here, and we are discovering that more and more as we exercise our faith and open our mouths. I'm grateful beyond words for this restored gospel....the ONLY way back. Nephi puts it perfectly to his family "Now behold my beloved brethren, (and Sistas) THIS IS THE WAY; and there is none other way" (2 Nephi 31:21) I KNOW that this is the only way back. THE  ONLY way to ETERNAL happiness. I’m so grateful for this gospel! I love it with my whole heart!

I love all of you! Hope you've had an incredible little spring break and you are preparing for conference! What is your question you want to take into Conference this year?

Sending love from somewhere in Joisey
Sister Houghton


No comments:

Post a Comment