Friday, March 14, 2014

March 10, 2014


Hello from the Garden State,

How is everyone? This week I was almost sprayed by a skunk, got super sick on an exchange and slept on the bathroom floor (Good times) accidentally committed a man to bear testimony to his wife, turns out she's been dead 25 years, yes embarrassing, and have another investigator with a baptismal date!
This was waiting for me when I got home, cutest companion ever? 

 I definitely am feeling an increased desire/maybe stress to work harder, time is flying! It's march! A year ago I had my farewell....well sort of? We had a really good week and I'm thankful to be out here. Just a sneak peak at what my week looks like: 3 24 hour exchanges which you know can be very exhausting, 1 training at district meeting, 2 days of leadership training in East Brunswick (which is solid role plays for two days) Sister Bair and I are giving a training there, leaving my area for 5 days this week and more :) I love it, when it feels a little overwhelming I just remind myself that one step at a time and God will help me do it all.
 
We literally are feeling an even greater RUSH to do missionary work, to work harder, give more and fight even harder for the cause. Sister Bair and I want to make this month a month of MISSIONARY MADNESS. 
One of the girls in Emerson, she is so cute and told us she wants to be a missionary like us :)

This past weeks has been one of the funn-est (is that even a word?) weeks of my mission, with our new vision to carry around the Book of Mormon everywhere we are seeing a change within our missionary work and in the people around us, We made a goal to not only contact....but contact BY following the spirit, to find the golden/chosen ones. On Tuesday we said a prayer to find someone who was looking for the truth, that day we said a special prayer for the spirit to guide us to someone who is prepared. We got back to our apartment a little early said a prayer to be guided to the ONE,
immediately we both knew that we need to talk with a man standing by his car, we walked/ran over to him and introduced ourselves he told us he has been searching for the truth for a long time and needed a guide in his life, we started to testify about the Book of Mormon, and he told us that his girlfriend was a member of the church but hadn't gone since she was in Germany. We know that God led us to find Chris that night and that there are so many prepared ones, all we have to do is open our mouths and I know that it will be filled, EVEN in the scary times. This work is the way to Salvation, the way to happiness, and peace for Forever.

I love you all so much! Keep up the incredible job with missionary work!
 Sending Love from Joisey
Sister Houghton

Learning the Hawaiian ways with sister Kloeppel (she went to school with EMMA!) we were instafriends !

My first diner experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment