Friday, January 24, 2014


January 20th 2014

Hi Family! 

9 months? That's all I have left? It flies and I have so much more to learn

 I went on an exchange in Jersey City ESPANOL speaking....and that night I dreamt in Spanish except I had absolutely NO idea what anyone was saying, kind of like real life, but it was a really powerful exchange, exchanges bring miracles. The Sisters here are amazing. My luck for phones has not changed, I accidentally took the Jersey City Sisters phone back to Emerson and we had to drive ALL the way back to Jersey City, 4 hours later....we could finally start teaching. oops. Also ate a soup with a chicken neck floating around  in it....and ATE IT ALL. I really think Heavenly Father was helping me with that one. 

 We knocked into a woman with 5 young kids from UTAH!?? What are the odds that you  have 5 kids all under the age of 7 from Utah and a Mormon?   I'm going to say pretty high, so we asked ...and she said not anymore.  When she was 19 she left the church, and has no interest in coming back and told us our doctrine was wrong. I looked at her beautiful rambunctious children and thought about my family the exact same size....It broke my heart. I turned to her and bore my testimony about the gospel and families. I will never forget that moment, I honestly have no Idea what I said but I know that we did everything we could in that moment to testify about our Savior. Sometimes, as missionaries, that is all we can do, everyone has the ability to choose to ACCEPT it or not. I know without a doubt that this gospel is the WAY back. THIS is HIS WORK. He is merciful and like Nephi describes "His arm is LENGTHENED out all the day long" He is there for us always we just need to turn to him. 

 President Jeppson gave a training on the MUST Knows of the gospel, NEED to knows, NICE to knows and NOT IMPORTANT TO KNOW. When we go through hard times or have questions we need to go to our safe place the MUST KNOWS of the gospel. 1. We have a loving Heavenly Father 2. Jesus is the Christ 2. The First Vision happened. Whenever we are struggling or have questions TURN to the MUST knows of the gospel. 

 I love this work! I know it’s true! Thank you for your love and support!! Hope you have a wonderful WEEK!! 

 

Sending love from Jersey
Sister Houghton

No comments:

Post a Comment