Monday, January 6, 2014

Email from 12/30


Happy New Year Family! 



WOW. I'm so grateful that ya'll are ok! From the pictures of the car, it looked like a pretty bad accident; I might have been having a small panic attack reading that email but it was just impressed on my mind that Heavenly Father needs you right now!  We never know what Heavenly Father has planned for us.  A member of the ward in Emerson passed away yesterday morning and it was a rough sacrament meeting for everyone, but made me realize the importance of the plan.  Without it where would we be?? 

It was amazing to see all of you, you all look amazing....so much bigger and older? I can't believe what 8 months can do. 


I was so blessed this Christmas! There were so many wonderful gifts from you, members of the ward and strangers. I'm grateful for the gift to serve a mission and to be here in Jersey!  I’m mostly grateful for the gift of the Savior and His atonement.  We had a great Christmas lunch at a members home, everyone was speaking a different language and we had no idea what was going on, but it was so fun to try new things....(I ate from a WHOLE roasted Pig). 


It’s been a rough week. We have been dropped and rejected and dropped....Our baptism fell through, and some other unfortunate things happen, Sister Ward and I have been doing a lot of praying and a few tears....some hugs too, but I heard moms words come to my head "It's always Darkest before it's Dawn" and even though we are starting from the ground up again, I'm grateful for the opportunity to turn more to my Savior and rely on Him to help us find those who are prepared. "Be faithful in Christ.... and may Christ lift thee up....and the hope of his glory and of ETERNAL life, rest in your mind forever" I am grateful for that never ending gift. What better time to start new than at the beginning of the year. Let's make 2014 the best year we can, turn to the Savior and become more like Him!  


Share with the world!

Again so thankful that everyone is ok, I love you all and so blessed by all of your love and support! Be safe and Always remember Him! 

Sending love from Jersey
Sister Houghton

No comments:

Post a Comment