Monday, January 6, 2014

Email from 12/23


Merry Merry Christmas!!

Can you believe that in 2 days it's CHRISTMAS??? It’s the most WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR! and I get to be out here! I'm so grateful! Sister Ward and I have almost opened up our presents every time we pass the tree.....patience is obviously a virtue we are still trying to obtain. Sending your Christmas package has been a little bit of a challenge, I'm hoping I can send it today...If not HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

The mission has been a-buzz with Christmas festivities. We had an ALL mission conference on Friday (there's almost 300 of us now) Alex Boye spoke to us about setting EXPECTATIONS to succeed, because with Heavenly Fathers help we can do anything. It was a powerful meeting and he even sang and did some fun dance moves. Then he put on an English fireside last night singing Nativity themed songs for members and investigators all over jersey.

Alex Boye

TOM!!!! the investigator/ex-convict we taught in Caldwell! He was baptized after I left, came to the fireside yesterday and is now a home teacher!! he is so happy! 

Heavenly Father is blessing this area; Al's baptism is scheduled for this Sunday! Al picked this day out because it's his birthday, it’s going to be a very special day for him. We have a new Investigator Donald....who I'll tell you more about later :)  He is set for January :)  I had two exchanges this week, one in Bayonne a Spanish area and let me tell you I was dreaming in Spanish, could not understand a thing, but gift of tongues is real. IT is apparent to me how Heavenly Father has prepared them well for this calling. They were both amazing exchanges, I am so grateful for all that I'm learning from them. (I also got to go running on the edge of the Hudson River....overlooking the water and lights, most memorable run of the mission)
  
 
We contacted a man named Christian who said he had been praying for help. After we left he looked at the card, went to mormon.org and REALIZED that he was a member of the church and had been baptized in the Dominican Republic! He told us he wants to come back to church and have the spirit in his life. I'm grateful for the spirits promptings!

Love this gospel! Love this work! Remember that "He is the light and the life of the world. Yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened" Let's carry the spirit of Christ with us through the rest of the year. Let’s spread the good news!

I love you all! Remember to be nice :) Remember to say your prayers! Remember to think of our Savior!

Sending lots of hugs kisses and love from New Jersey
Sister Houghton


P.S. I don't think anyone will be able to replace my shepherd skills in the family nativity... or was I the sheep?
P.P.S remember to go youngest to oldest going up the stairs
P.P.P.S Leave Santa Cheese (it works)
P.P.P.P.S give mom and dad a back rub for all the work they do

love ya!
  
Heather's Zone
 
It’s the the the the........THE GRINCH :)
  

ooooooh...... ahhhhhh....THATS IT. I'm NOT going! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment