Friday, January 24, 2014


Hi family!

 

Wow. Thanks for your letters and emails! 

 

Four  days and  I will hit my HALF WAY MARK! It feels like I've been here for no time at all....and then my whole life time. I honestly don't understand it? BUT  I am so grateful for everyday to be out here. 

 

We have been protected this week....and  met some really funny people! We found a less-active that told us he has 700 wives, had an amazing meeting in Morristown and got a BIG OL' kissed by one of the cutest little old Filipina's because she loves the gospel. 

 

When the cold hit a lot of really cool things happened, the car doors froze shut, the trunk wouldn't open after we clicked it (and then 5 hours later it sprang open in the middle of driving. Literally gave me a heart attack.) Tracting the screen doors froze over, just could not see them through the ice. I literally gained a WHOLE new respect for missionaries serving in the freezing cold tundra....its brutal. But we saw so many miracles this week! 

 

Found out that Christians records are nowhere to be found, which means that he needs to be baptized again, which is actually a HUGE tender mercy. He can be washed clean of all the mistakes he's made and start all over again. We are praying that he will take this news well....He's amazing and so wonderful. I've been wondering why Sister Ward and I were put together again, and I honestly think it's because well one I need to learn more from her and because Heavenly Father is giving us a chance to see success together. 

 

Love this work and the opportunity to serve alongside such amazing missionaries. This is our Saviors work. He is at the head. 

 

I LOVE YOU ALL! 

 

Sending love from Joisey

Sister Houghton

 

ANND today's a really special day because its JENNIFERS 16th BIRTHDAY!!!! Jenn you go girrrllll. can't believe your getting so old. :) 

 

And will you tell Judie that I love her and she looks beautiful. I'm praying for her

 

love you! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment