Friday, February 7, 2014

email from January 27th 2014


Hello from the East Coast!

This last week was filled with meetings, exchanges, and bitter, bitter,  cold. My respect for missionaries walking in the cold is through the roof this week.
Tracting for hours in the cold does this
  
Snow shoeing to people's doors
 
We taught the 4-6 year olds in primary...and let me tell you it is A LOT HARDER to teach 4 year olds than I remembered, but also really fun. I drew a picture of Christ on the board, a little Asian boy raised his hand and said "Jesus looks like a demon!!" (Obviously I could work on my drawing skills). Right after he said that chaos broke out in the class, kids were jumping off tables and walls, we had some escape and bolt down the hall (Sister Ward was on permanent door duty after that) I was trying to entertain the kids and sing songs but they didn't like my voice and covered their ears....a little girl was laying down moaning...some were dancing, we also saw lots of crying, and ninja moves. I have a new RESPECT for all of the SUNBEAM teachers in the world. BLESS Them.

We met with Christian in a Dunkin Donut's and talked about getting re-baptized. It's a huge blessing that he will have this opportunity to be washed clean again and he told us that he wants to get baptized! He is preparing himself for February, and we are praying that he will be ready. We found Christian street contacting, you never know who is ready/prepared OR even a former member of the church. Heavenly Father puts people in our paths and its our job to open our mouths :) So grateful that we sort of ran him down in the street in the pouring rain. 

We had one of the most spiritual lessons talking about the Book of Mormon with a less active. We read the simple but BEAUTIFUL promise in Moroni 10:4-5. It was powerful and they both pointed out how they could feel the spirit. POWER in the SCRIPTURES! In the words of Omni "I would that ye should COME unto Christ, and Partake of his Salvation" (Omni 1:26) It is our choice to follow him! What will we choose this week?? 

I love you all soo very much! I hope you have fun in the Florida like sun!  Keep up the incredible work! 

Judie, I love you! Thank you for everything you've done for me and my family! God be with you till we meet again. 

Sending love from Jersey! 
Sister Houghton

No comments:

Post a Comment