Monday, January 6, 2014

Email from 1/06/2014


Hello Familia!

Wellllll HAPPY NEW YEAR! I can't believe it's already 2-0-1-4?? Where does the time go? I celebrated the New Year the best way out here....asleep :)  Spiritual exhaustion is REAL.  New Year’s Eve the people living above us were throwing a HUGE party, I was worried I wouldn't be able to sleep with all the commotion going on, but I only woke up once when they were banging pots and pans and yelling at the top of their lungs – must have been the New Year or something :)

Also good news! Sister Ward and I aren’t getting transferred! YAY! We now get to go on exchanges with 8 different sets of sisters instead of 6. I'm grateful to learn from them and their example.

I found out on Wednesday that my MTC companion, Sister Crow was in the hospital VERY sick. We went on a temporary exchange so her companion could shower and I stayed with Sister Crow in the Hospital. I have so much love for Sister Crow, she was my very first companion, seriously so worried about her...but you know how I used to be with sickness's...before the mission the inner germ-a-phoebe me would not have been able to handle the throwing up etc. but missions do great things, none of that even bothered me. I'm hoping and praying that she will be able to get better soon. 
  

This week's adventures include tracting in mansions, (turns out servants aren’t as nice as they appear on the TV) walking in knee deep snow to appointments, trying to share the gospel in Spanish...no bueno?, a VERY spiritual Mission Leader Conference, choosing to grocery shop at the Korean, Egyptian, Pilipino, Mexican, Dominican, or Italian Grocery store?...the options are endless: Shoveling like pro's, Running home in the freezing cold to make curfew, and lots and lots of finding. We know that there is someone prepared out here; we just need to find him...? her? them! :)

A Philippian sister in the ward that knows sister Pastores's family. They are so sweet

Our mission theme this month is...REPENTANCE D&C 16:6.I've come to understand that repentance isn't just a change from BAD to GOOD. It can be from good, to BETTER. Every single day we need to recommit ourselves to follow our Savior and become more like Him. Let's not procrastinate the day of repentance, that day is today! 

I love you all! Hope you had an incredible week.
Sending lots of love from Joisey,
Sister Houghton 

p.s. Happy birthday Mommita! :)
SO excited that your 50 mom! I ate some lasagna to celebrate your big day :) sounds like the Houghton home was just a party last week. :) So excited that you were able to be with all the family.

I LOVE YOU!
xox

What a view!
Thanks for the Christmas Socks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment