Thursday, December 19, 2013

Email from 12/17


Hello!

This past week has been a whirlwind—literally. Too many things to do and not enough time. We dropped off Sister Dorneles at the mission home, hardest day of my mission so far. She has been such a wonderful mentor for Sister Ward and me, now it’s time to put on my big girl pants.

I jinxed it last week when I said it’s been the warmest winter of my life. We literally have had 3 walking days in the snow. I love walking in the snow BUT Sister Ward and I both thought we were about to lose our toes one night. I told her if we didn't get toe warmers I might not make it home. (Ok soo I was a little dramatic, but it was COLD) we stopped at a Walgreens to buy the life saving toe warmers. One of the workers kept staring at us, which isn't anything new...but I felt like there was something different to her. She came up to us and asked if we were "Mormons" We smiled and said yes! She told us she had been praying for a sign to come back to church and had just started reading the Book of Mormon 2 days earlier, (Warmed our hearts right on up) and had never seen any members of the church at work until we showed up. Alicia is now ready to change her life and come back to church. I'm grateful that our toes almost fell off, for the spirit guiding us and for this work.  

Because of the snow storm on Saturday everything but sacrament was cancelled on Sunday....? Not really a lot of snow on the ground but what can ya do? We had Louis his girlfriend Klare and daughter Kira come to church! They have been investigating the church for a while and now ready to change. Al is also set for baptism at the end of the month. He is wonderful and we are excited for him!

I have discovered a couple things this past week, One I am a really good at shoveling snow. I think I can thank the many cold winters in Utah for that (dad too) and Two time goes so fast and every second is precious on the mission. I have loved every moment out here (even the hard ones) and don't want to take one for granted. I am grateful that I have a little bit longer to serve out here. This is the best work, the best rewards and the only way back. I’m so grateful for this gospel.


I love you all! Thank you for your support and love this holiday season! Let’s not forget who is behind all of the festivities!

Sending love and hugs from the Winter State
Sister Heather Sue Houghton

President and Sister Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment