Monday, September 15, 2014

September 8 2014 I Would walk 500 Miles.

Hello my beautiful Family! 

What a week we have had here in the land of the Free,-- it's as if all of our days literally BLEW UP. I'm not kidding. I told Sister Rogers that I've never seen anything like this. However, on the good side we still love being missionaries:)  When the going gets tough....the tough get going. I've said that saying at least a hundred times this week. 

We also ran into a tinsy problem. we had a crucial appointment with a less-active member on walking day and no ride to get us there. We prayed to know what to do and felt that God had given us legs for a reason and we would walk there. (I was actually realllly excited about it) We walked over 15 miles, drank lots of water and after 71/2 hours of walking we made it home. God does provide a way, sometimes we just have to be willing to act. On the way home we saw miracle after miracle.  One man we contacted said he would be baptized. He lives in a different ward but I have a good feeling about it. Its all the same team :) We also contacted a man in Spanish who is actually an investigator for the Spanish elders, I had never met him before. He said I had very good Spanish, I was just thinking that is the Spirit, because my Spanish is NO BUENO if you know what I mean. 


We had a recent convert move into our area. She was baptized a month ago on St Martin (an island in the Caribbean) she's my age and so cute. I would love to be best friends with her. She is married and has a 14 month old son. If her family finds out she was baptized she will be disowned. It is a crazy situation. I realized how blessed I have been growing up in the gospel. I took it for granted. I know her families hearts will be softened....one day-- ok maybe not in this life but she has such great faith and I can see Great things for her in the future. God has a plan for each one of us and He knows us! 

I love this work, even the hard weeks. I would walk as far as He wants me to, to spread this message. This is the truth! 

Sending love from Jersey
Sister Houghton
(Pronounced Hoi-ten here)

Fun fact A woman in my ward is dating a man from Todd's stake, he said he is keeping an eye out for him .

No comments:

Post a Comment