Wednesday, September 3, 2014

September 2nd, 2014


Hello Family!

Wow, I loved reading all of your emails. You all know exactly what to say and do to lift my spirits encourage me. Thank you! Thank you! I have such an amazing family! 

We have experienced a little speed bump in our road. We had an incredible lesson with John, he told us he was ready for baptism. He wasn't able to come to church on Sunday, and some things are going on right now we can't really describe we will need to push his baptism back, but any prayers on his behalf would be very much appreciated. Our cute Jewish Investigator Sy (cute as in 87 years old cute) told us he is almost completely convinced that Jesus is the CHRIST the Savior of the World. It's these little (but really huge victories) that will make all the difference. After we asked him to be baptized he said "maybe....hey maybe I'll be a preacher for the Mormon church too" ha baby steps Sy, baby steps :)  

I literally cannot believe it is September. How does the time fly by so fast? This past week It hit me, that my mission is coming to an end. AN END! How can this be? I can't believe and don't want to think about it, I love this place with my whole entire being. I LOVE New Jersey, the diversity, the people the work! My heart is here in this lovely Garden State. How can I leave it? 

I feel like my whole mission I have been preparing for this time, working on refining myself to become the missionary God wants me to be. This is the time for me to apply all of the things I have learned and use them in my last two months as a full time representative. I don't want to waste a second. But I know that I can't do this alone. I am tired physically and spiritually. I know this work is not easy, I was thinking about some things and It hit me today, non of this work is about me, absolutely non of it, it is all about our Savior. This is the work of souls. and I know that with His help I can do all things. and so I will not stop. I will not back down. I know who I am fighting for. This is His work. The Standard of Truth has been Erected and NO ONE can stop the work from progressing. And so I will continue to work hard, fight to the end. 

Thank you for all you do! I love you all, keep up the great work in the Russet State

Sending love and hugs from New Jersey
Sister Houghton

Fun Fact: Aberdeen New Jersey (a town in our area) is the hometown of Babe Ruth. Yankees anyone? 

Sister Rogers is wonderful and even made me b-fast today, woot woot :) 

This is sister Scotto,  we felt very strongly we needed to visit her all of a sudden on Sunday we showed up right before closing hours at the old folks home, when she saw us she smiled so big and said "I knew someone was coming to visit me!" I was so grateful that we listened to the Spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment