Monday, November 25, 2013

Email from 11/25


Hello Familia!

There have seriously been so many miracles I don't have the time to write them all. We have three baptisms scheduled in 2 weeks and A WEDDING! yes, dream come true we have been planning a wedding for our Investigator Pricilla so she can get baptized. It's been a fun week, two of my favorite things....the gospel and wedding talk! We also had some close encounters driving, the angels are working really hard in New Jersey, also we got on this road headed straight for the George Washington bridge, if you leave the mission you get driving privileges taken away, but somehow we didn't and everything is good :)

With transfers coming up I have felt like a change was coming....and it is. President Jeppson called me last night and asked me to be a Sister Training Leader. I still feel new, honestly don't know if the new feeling will ever go away, I feel very HUMBLED, a little OVERWHELMED and EXCITED to work with these 100 sisters on a more personal level. I am learning what it means to rely more completely on the lord than I have ever before. This also means that I am leaving "the promised land" and Sister Pastores. It’s hard to leave someone and someplace that I love so much, a HUGE part of my heart will be staying here too.
 
We have some amazing investigators, we were teaching a sweet lady about the Book of Mormon and after we finished we asked if we could help with anything, she said she has a huge mice infestation and while we were talking they were running around us, she asked if we could help kill them, now before my mission I might have run out screaming, but missions do really good things to people and I said a little prayer for strength and voila we are scheduled to go in to de-infect the house...well actually Sister Pastores will be because I will be gone....but I was prepared to :) We also have a new investigator that was referred to us by her childhood Mormon friend. She has been very sick lately and looking for help and support. She is GOLDEN. I had a very strong impression in the lesson that she would be baptized. All because her friend remembered her and sent the church to help. It made me realize how many prepared people are just waiting for the message! and if we do our part the work will bloom. We are seeing so much change in this area, the branch members are excited to help with missionary work and coming out with us…. so many miracles every day!
 
Looking back on the last 3 months of my mission I have learned so much about love, and coming to Christ. This morning I have been thinking a lot about some of the people we have taught Gracie is set for the 15th of December, she has been going through a really hard time but so determined to turn to the lord. She came to church yesterday even though her tire was compliantly flat. I'm going to miss her. Gerson was at church too, and set for the 8th of December, last week he received his answer that the church is true! Eva a referral and her 3 children are actively reading the Book of Mormon and slowly but surely progressing! My first experience teaching a whole family and I have truly come to love them. Pricilla is just waiting for her fiancĂ©e  to come home, so they can be married and she can get baptized, she wants to go through the temple in a year with her daughter Nemesis (she is a little nemesis too, but I love her) Robert and Maribelle are active in Primary and their mom brings them to church every week, The whole Grolon family and Al come out on team ups with us and fed us often. I am so grateful for all of the experiences I've had in this area. The gospel changes our lives!

I don't know where I will be this Thanksgiving but I am excited for the new opportunities! I hope ya'll eat an extra pumpkin pie just for me...you know I love it!


I can't help but feel extremely THANKFUL for all of your love, support and encouragement! I don't know how I got to be so lucky to be in the Houghton Family but can't help but Thank Heavenly Father for all of the many things we are blessed with! Let’s share that joy!
 
Sending love from the Garden State
Sister Houghton

 P.S watch "In prayer of Thanksgiving" Daily" on mormonchannel its goooooood :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you for so many reasons! I am eager to tell my children the story of the mice running around and your courage!!! Plus, I love hearing about your love for the work and your opportunity to serve as a Sister Training Leader. It is a privilege to represent Him - to wear the badge that bears His name. So sweet! We love you!

    ReplyDelete