Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Email from 12/02/13


Hello Family! 

I'm transferred!

Leaving Paterson was hard, we packed up all my stuff (which is now turning out to be a lot of stuff) I got to transfer conference ummm just a little bit late. Transfer conference is really fun, President goes through each zone specifically and each area, you never know when your name will be called and who your companion is.... its nerve racking but so fun to see who's with who...maybe it’s a girl thing? I thought I was going to Brunswick but another Sister Training Leader was assigned there, it wasn't until zone 1 that he called my name, to be a sister training leader with SISTER WARD.......annnndd SISTER DORNELES!!! I couldn't believe it, I was so overcome with emotion I just stood there hand over mouth, bawling, I get to be with both of my trainers again. This has never happened in the history of this mission. We are in the beautiful area of Emerson, right next to the Hudson Front and the George Washington Bridge. We only get Sister Dorneles for an extra 2 weeks to help train us and then she will go back home to Brazil. I love both of these sisters so much.


This area is beautiful and very different from my last area, finding is a little more difficult but I know that with Heavenly Fathers help we are going to find those prepared. We literally had 3 thanksgiving dinners and have been fed almost every day; this ward is talked about in the mission for being so missionary focused. They pass around a calendar for the members to fast for the missionaries during the month and try to share with their friends, I have a lot to learn from these wonderful members and I'm grateful to be here in this area. 

 There's a woman who has Parkinsons in this ward, we wash her hair once a week. She is so fatigued that she cannot stand without help. It was a special experience to watch Sister Dorneles and Sister Ward tenderly hold up this sister and delicately wash her hair, I was so touched thinking about how gently our savior holds us up in our time of need, when there is no energy or power left in us he is there to hold us and guide us along, we cannot go through life without him. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you Judie! You have impacted my life in ways that I can't describe. I love you with all my heart! "The Lord...did speak peace to our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause us that we should hope for our deliverance in him" Alma 58:11 I am praying for you and Don and your whole family! xox! 

I love you all! Have a wonderful week

Sending love from Jersey
Sister Houghton


1 comment:

  1. Every time you read about how the Savior washed the feet of his disciples, you will remember washing the hair of this sister. What a sweet and memorable experience. Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete