Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Email from 11/12


Family!

Thanks for the updates, sounds like Jenn was a SUPER STAR, so proud of you sis! (You must get it from your big sis or something... ;) )

Heavenly Father is not only helping us along, he's running with us! Robert and Maribelle were baptized on Sunday, after their baptism they sang "When I am baptized" Sister Pastores had been practicing with them for weeks for this moment and it was powerful! They were still dripping wet from baptism water, beaming and singing in their cute 8 and 9 year old voices. Because of that moment we have another baptism date set for the first of December with Roberts’s aunt. I said a prayer of gratitude for the opportunity to teach these sweet children. This whole family is really dear to my heart, watching them come back to church and see the change that only the gospel brings. Lasting happiness :) 


We also got to go with Al to the Manhattan temple! It was a special experience because he brought Andrea and her two daughters (Robert and Maribelles grandma/aunts) seriously love this family so much. They were blown away by the beauty of the temple but more importantly the spirit there. Al had a really special experience and in one year will be able to go through the whole thing. Also The City at night is gorgeous and I just was reminded of how much I love this area, and this mission...hopefully I'll feel the same when it really starts to get cold. Hello Winter. 


Sister Pastores got an email that her family is all safe and sound in the Philippians, but my thoughts and prayers are with those that are suffering right now.  
I'm so excited that you’re helping the missionaries out! It is like a huge burden is being lifted off our shoulders when families are helping in the work. So proud...in a righteous way of course.

This is hard, but the best kind of work, I'm grateful for all of the door slams, rejections and disappointments because I KNOW that this is true, I cannot deny it. God is our loving Heavenly Father, we have a brother who suffered for ALL for us, The Gospel of Jesus Christ is BACK. I thank Heavenly Father every single day for the opportunity to be here.


Love you all so much! Thank you all for your support and love!

Sending tons of love from the Garden State
Sister Houghton

No comments:

Post a Comment