Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Food Poisoning

Hello my beautiful, wonderful, AMAZING family!
Wow. This week has been amazing. So many things to talk about and not enough time!
One of the investigators we tracked into committed to baptism our first lesson!! I was so excited for him! After we left his apartment I started dancing around, D&C 18:15 "How great shall be your joy" I got a small taste of joy that day! We met with him yesterday and he had read the whole book of Nephi, Sister Ward and I just kept looking at each other with huge smiles. He told us he liked how even though the family had trials they trusted in the lord and they showed Heavenly Father they had faith. I was like....do you want to teach this lesson? He is so prepared. He brought a friend to listen to the message and his friend committed to baptism as well! We were out of copies of the Book of Mormon so they were sort of fighting over who would get to read the book first. We've never seen so much excitement for this wonderful book from investigators.... we didn't know how to handle it. Lord is working miracles.
We had a WONDERFUL mission conference with Elder Koelilker of the 70. We all got to meet him and we had a 5 hour training, it was like MTC on steroids. amazing. He randomly called on two missionaries to give a 5 minute talk. and let me tell you how surprised I was to hear my name called. I like giving talks but being a new missionary, and speaking to 90 pretty well trained missionaries, mission president and a general authority gave me a small heart attack, I definitely was saying many prayers during that short 5 minutes. Heavenly Father answers our prayers!

Elder Koelilker told us that if we get a new investigator to the temple within 6 weeks of being baptized we can go with them! Manhattan is about to see a lot more of us in the next little while. :)
The relief society had a big dinner for all of us after. Tuesday morning I woke up really sick. Turns out almost all of the missionaries woke up sick. The chicken we were fed gave us all food poisoning. It was quiet a bonding time for all of us sick missionaries at District Meeting yesterday, if you catch my drift ;) My stomach is feeling a lot better and Sister Ward has been so patient with me.
We've had some crazy experiences these last few days...we are starting to finally laugh them off now. The saying "The more you LAUGH the LESS you fret" Is so true. We know that Heavenly Father is watching out for us.

I love you all and I'm sending a HUGE spiritual bear hug to everyone!! You are all the best!  Also if you give the missionaries a referral they will love you forever! it's the truth.

Hurrah for Israel
 
Sister Houghton

 
Shout out to my amazing sister Jennifer who finished her Olympic tri in St George! Congrats Sista! I heard you did it like a pro! Your pictures could be in a Sports magazine. And to Mrs Eborn! Congrats on the half marathon PR in the rain! You are the girl version of Usain Bolt...but long distance style! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment