Sunday, June 9, 2013


Hey hey hey!
How is everyone doing? Thank you for all the kind words and the pictures! I just eat them up :) I wish I could send a clone of myself to help pack everything up! Moving up the street was soo hard and strenuous I can't imagine moving states is like. Will you give Ogden A HUGE wave and KISS for me??
Memorial Day is huge here! Everyone was barbecuing and outside...which was perfect for contacting people! They are not afraid to tell us what they think  about us. The Pena's (an awesome family in our ward) had the missionaries over for a barbecue  because the wards so small she is the Relief Society President and he is the Elder's Quarm president. They don't really have councilors, they have a lot of responsibility, it was so nice  of them to think of the missionaries. 
On Saturday Sister Ward got to go with a recent convert to the temple with her old companion Sister Taylor. I was so excited for them, and I got to be with Sister Page and Sister Whaddups (who came out the same time I did)  We went off to tract, their first time! Sister Whaddups lost her planner,(Planners are our life lines out here)  we stopped the car, said a prayer asking us to help find her planner. Right when we opened our eyes there was a man standing in front our the car holding the planner out to us. It was a best two years experience. ("Please Bless that young man, that he may call") We were all so relieved and grateful.
Albert the 88 year old investigator is progressing! He committed to a soft baptismal date and said he would come to church with us. He is adorable, he has probably 50 stuffed bears in his home that keeps him company. He has sung "I'm singing in the rain" for us and "LOVE" that song from parent trap? He also has done a little samba and waltz for us. He makes my day. 
We went with a ward member to pick up Mackay and Albert for church. Mackay was still sleeping so we almost pounded his door in so he would wake up.... :) I hope that's not unethical.  we were all crowded in this mini van trying to get to church on time,the member that was driving was probably dangerously over the speed limit. I was praying we would make it in time for the sacrament and we walked in right before the sacrament prayer! phew. Sister Ward and I were so grateful. I might have fist pumped the air out of excitement. After church Mackay told me "church WAS AWESOME!" church is awesome! It's a day for us to focus on our savior, to remember the covenants we have made and to commit ourselves to becoming better. The gospel of Jesus Christ truly makes us happy. It's fun to see the change with the people we are talking with. 

It has been hot Hot HOT here in New York, 98 degrees and humid. I am so grateful for this chance to be out here. It's literally my dream come true to be on a mission. I have so much to work on, but thank you for your prayers and support! Know that I think about you all and pray for you! Thank you for being incredible examples
Mucho love
Sister Houghton
Good luck to Mom, Jenn and Rachel and all the chickas going to Girls CAMP!! Good ol' camp Shawnee. I'm excited Amber will be speaking there! The girls are lucky to hear from you :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment