Tuesday, May 14, 2013


Hello beautiful family!
It was amazing to see all of your faces! I felt like I was back at Grandma's house, laughing, eating LOTS of food, and playing Mah-jong. Good times. I am sending you all a spiritual hug from the east coast!
This last week has flown by. We literally have been running around looking for people, teaching lessons and praying with people on the streets. This work is amazing. I've decided serving Spanish speaking has its bonuses, the Spanish culture is so warm and welcoming, they let us into their homes and love hearing about Jesu Cristo. Wonderful people. A lot of people don't speak very much English so I have mastered how to say "We are Missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" in Spanish and "Whats up!" in Creol. The first semester of Spanish love song has helped me a lot out here. Thank you blessed you-tube.
We have a new investigator named "Brenner" She is a sweet 85 year old woman that loves Christ. She is hillarious and calls us ma (I think its a Jersey thing?) After we got out of the lesson, Sister Ward and I felt a strong impression that there was someone we needed to talk to. We started running up and down the sidewalk talking to everyone we met about the gospel. I know there is someone there who needs to hear this message, we are going back this week to find that person....family maybe even neighborhood!
The ward may be small....ok tiny but they are full of incredible people. The men made a surprise dinner for the women in the ward for Mothers Day. The woman were so excited and I've never seen prouder priesthood in my entire life. It was so fun to watch. The also gave the woman a make-up bag full of make up and a candle. Sister Ward and I reaped the benefits of Mothers Day, I felt a little guilty... well sort of :)
(Mother's Day Skype Call)
 
This week I thought a lot about my dear mother. She is amazing! She taught me how to put my trust in the lord and rely on him! I'm so grateful for her example and the amazing way she serves others! I hope that one day I can be just like her! You are so wonderful mom! Thank you for putting up with me when I was terrified of nature....and all living things.....through the hard teenage years and adult years. Thank you for holding scripture study and family prayers every morning and night! Thank you for serving a mission! I'm so grateful for you Mom!
I love you all and I can't wait to hear about this weeks adventures! I pray for you everyday! Hurrah for Israel!
xox
Sister Houghton

 
This is Sister Jarret from the ward--the cutest Jamaican lady ever.
This is Tivynna. The newest member in the ward! She was baptized 3 weeks ago :) She is a sweet sweet happy girl! So adorable!
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient

No comments:

Post a Comment