Sunday, July 27, 2014

July 21, 2014


Hello Family! 

It has been a crazy p-day. We have been trying to email four different times today. There was interviews at the chapel and lots and lots of craziness. 

To get to the good stuff 

Last week I DID full on Karate with a brother in our ward, he's a 7th degree black belt or something crazy like that. We learned how to HI-YA, and HA and kick and some other really cool moves that I cannot even pretend to spell. I have a whole new respect for those karate people out in the world. I could barely walk the next day. 

Went on an exchange to Elizabeth. I LOVED IT. Literally a whole different world, we meet lots of amazing people. One man we contacted even came to our FHE activity and read a specific paragraph in the 'Gospel of Jesus Christ' pamphlet we gave him to the whole ward. Miracles!
Side Note #1- on our morning run we found a box with two holes that said "Dead Cat...Please Take away" I laughed and laughed and laughed. Is that bad of me? You never know what you find in Elizabeth.
Side note #2- I learned how to say a prayer in Spanish. Thank you Hermana Schaefer :) 

Helped run the Stake Primary activity, we did some skits and mostly just fell in love with those little sweet children. It was all about becoming a missionary. We made little name tags for them and they were all so excited to be a missionary. I was too :) 

On Saturday we went to check the baptismal font to make sure it was ready for Diego's BIG day and found 8 BIG NASTY black beetles crawling everywhere, and yes I did not scream :) We got some bleach and attacked. We started the font and worked on other things for the baptism. 3 hours later....we remembered. We sprinted down the hall, the whole time I was thinking how are we going to explain flooding the church to our Mission President. But we had a huge miracle and I had forgotten to turn one of the focsets on, and no water had bubbled over. Huge miracle.  

And for the Good Stuff.....

DIEGO WAS BAPTIZED!!!!!!! Diego's story is one of a kind and just incredible. I wish I could explain all of it, but needless to say it was an exciting day, almost the whole ward stayed after to support. I was able to share my testimony and all the memories from my baptism came flooding back, there is something special about baptisms, one of our brothers and sisters is making a covenant with God. A special promise! to follow him.The spirit is always present testifying of truth and it was strong yesterday. Diego bore his testimony. He talked about his new life, he is redeemed. :) It was a great day. (look up the song "redeemed" I'm not sure who sings it but its one of my favorites...."I am redeemed, he sent me free" it describes what he said completely)

We are searching and praying for guidance here in this beautiful Scotch Plains area. I am grateful to be here. To fight for my Savior, I LOVE this work. We are Redeemed through our Savior, Jesus Christ. He has set us free, from SIN and DEATH. I'm grateful for this knowledge and can't wait to go out and find more people ready to hear this gospel. 

And I can't wait to fight alongside my Brother out here in the Beautiful East Coast! Hurrah for the TRUTH!

I love you all! 

Sending love and hugs from Jersey
Sister Houghton

Can you please voice record Todd"s farewell?? :) I would love that! 


No comments:

Post a Comment