Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 7th 2014

Happy Holidays Familia!

Wow. Reading about Prep really  touched me. Wow. For some reason this past week Prep has been on my mind. I couldn't figure out why I was having thoughts about him. now I know why. I'm always learning how the spirit speaks to us. Prep is a special spirit. I am praying and thinking about him. Their whole family has been and will be in my prayers.

He is such a trooper and a fighter. Please give him a big hug from me. Alma 38:5 

 There is something about July...I don't know if its the bbq's....free 7/11 Slurpee's :) fireworks, rodeos... or my birthday that makes the month my favorite. On my mission I've learned July is a celebration month....and my favorite because there are MORE people are on the street to contact, More families are home! (Every missionaries dream) AND people don't want the AC to leave their homes sooo sometimes they will invite us in! Its a month of opportunities! I just LOVE this month.

 We've had a very busy week...dropping people or getting dropped. We are defiantly in the finding mode (pmg says we should always be finding...its just a little bit more now, ok a lot more) I'm grateful to have this opportunity to start over and find and find and find. I know God has prepared people out here. 

 For some good news.....

 Diego!

 Well Diego is simply incredible. I have never NOT IN MY ENTIRE life met someone like Diego. He absolutely loves the gospel. When we go to teach him he wants to jump right into the lesson, he asks us questions about things we haven't talked about yet, when we went over the Plan of Salvation He shared his testimony with us about the truth of the plan, I almost started crying, well he basically taught us the Plan. I wish I could bring all of you into that lesson with me so you could experience the spirit in that room. HE always talks about how happy he is now that he knows about the gospel. Gospel brings Happiness

 Still no updates on Katie yet. We haven't been able to meet with her lately.....we are still praying. 

We will find out on Tuesday what Marie's answer is.....

 Also I just want to say something more about the weather...ITS sticky sticky, sticky hot. I didn't think I could sweat so much. um gross I know. I call it Insta-sweat here. You walk outside and BAMB, kind of like instant moisturizer (sorry TMI I know, I know) so walking Day was HOT, we made it to our appointments soaked in.... well anyways it was a great day, we saw some storm clouds in the distance so the senior couple who came up on a team up with us ran us home to get umbrellas. The umbrellas were NO MATCH for the HUGE typhoon like rain that hit.  My umbrella turned inside out, and the rain pelted us. NO one answered their door. ( I don't blame them, it was crazy outside) The streets turned into moving rivers. The whole time I kept saying this is building character. right? Cars drove by and just like what happens in the movies when a car drives by a huge wall of water hits the people standing off to the side, well I testify that can really happen in real life. We WERE SOAKED. Even through all of the unfortunate events.
 
This is the beginning of the rain
 Sister Crow and I just kept laughing, and laughing and singing church songs at the top of our voice. For numbers it was not a successful night, but I learned something from sloshing around in the 6 inches of water- the trials are going to come, "The winds and the storms shall beat upon you" (and they definitely did and will) "BUT it will have NO POWER OVER YOU, because of the ROCK upon which ye are built" If we center our lives on our savior, we can survive the trials. And we CHOOSE how we are going to handle them. I realized that even though everything was going wrong, we had something to celebrate, something to shout to the world! THE GOSPEL. A RESTORED CHURCH. A SAVIOR. This is all true. I'm so grateful for this knowledge! 

 Hurrah for the TRUTH! 

I love you all! Keep sharing the gospel. CTR. 

Sending love from Jersey,

Sister Houghton

 

No comments:

Post a Comment