Friday, March 14, 2014

March 3, 2004


Hello Family!

Life is WONDERFUL out here in South Jerz, I think it’s a different country than the north, everyone is laid back and takes things slow, never met so many people that turn everything gospel into politics...or the weather? They say the funniest things and I'm now a witness of a real live UFO picture, drawn by one of our members.  We have a lot of retirement communities here, and people are ALWAYS home, missionary dream right? Sister Bair and I love it here, I love her and we have a blast together.

  We were hit by another snow storm, they named it "Titan" but we survived another blizzard and I have faith that spring is around the corner?? Dianne is progressing! She has officially stopped drinking coffee...now we just have to tackle the smoking, yesterday we had a miracles lesson we wrote her fears for quitting on a 3x5 card and held it up to a picture of Christ and asked if she wanted to put those things between her and Christ. It was a powerful visual, we knelt and Dianne prayed for the strength to STOP smoking, she smiled and said she was ready, we handed her the 3x5 card and she ripped up her worries and turned them over to the Savior...she did a victory dance. It was a very special moment, she can't do this alone...WE can't do this alone, and the best part is WE DON'T HAVE TO.  "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things" Alma 26:12. I know that this promise applies to ALL of us, He will help us in any time of our life, we just need to TURN to him.

We have something very special going on in this mission. It's now a new mission/rule for every one of us missionaries to have a copy of the Book of Mormon in our hand and to contact at least 10 people a day. Everywhere we go. We are seeing miracles. This special book has POWER that everyone we meet can feel. Now is the act of faith for all of us missionaries, time to get together and GIVE EVERYTHING we have to our Savior and Heavenly Father. I hate to think how fast time is going, time to pick up the pace and find my brothers and Sisters here in Jersey. I LOVE this Work.

Thank you for your support, your encouragement and kind words. Let’s work together to save souls!

Sending love and faith from Joisey
Sister Houghton

P.S Also so grateful that grandma was kept safe! Love you grandma!
We visited the beach on a Pday.  It was freezing but fun.


The sisters in the zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment