Saturday, March 1, 2014

February 24. 2014



Hello from South Jersey!

I have been transferred to TOMS RIVER! yes this is the home of the 'Jersey Shore' the TV shore. I'm on Snookie alert. Hey everyone needs the gospel.

Life in South Jerz is a completely different experience. There is zero to no honking, its slow paced, there is sand on the streets and best of all..... NO SNOW! its been nice and warm and I love this area. My companion is the cute Sister Bair from Centerville Utah, she is a doll. Seriously, gorgeous and an incredible teacher. I'm blessed to be here.

Our area is the newly opened RETIREMENT community called "Manchester" . I've never seen so many elderly but this is a huge blessing for us missionaries. They are always home and  it’s easy to chase them down.... :) but seriously we are excited for all of the possibilities.

We had some elders fast for us yesterday...and instantly we SAW miracles. Referrals we're flying at us from all over and we found a new Investigator....he might believe in Aliens but we see potential in him! All of the miracles we are seeing are coming from reading from the Book of Mormon with all of our contacts. There is literal power in that book, power in trials, power in the good times...it is the spiritual ENERGY we need to get through the day. I've seen it in my mission, there is no greater calling..but in the hard times I have learned to turn to that book and remembered that I am NOT ALONE. "The power behind YOU is much greater than the obstacles ahead of you" Our Savior loves us and lives. This is His work!

We are starting our exchanges this week, and so excited to learn from all of the sisters down here.

I love you all soo much! Keep up the incredible work!

Sending love from the Shore,
Sister Houghton 

P.S.....Go. Fight. WIN!  








No comments:

Post a Comment