Thursday, December 19, 2013

Email from 12/09


Hi Family!

I hope you’re not all ice blocks! It sounds like everywhere in the U.S is snowing....and it has barely even snowed here. Warmest winter of my life. Oops probably just jinxed it. 

This past week has been wonderful and so busy. We had an exchange In West New York where I tried to put my Spanish skills to the test. Basically I just said "El Libro De Mormon is BUENO" over and over street contacting people, should really have paid more attention in Spanish class. I also got a bloody noise, which turns out to be a great contacting tool. I decided I really like walking areas annnnd am praying that they will open an English walking area for Sisters.  On Saturday I had an exchange in Jersey City, and we literally had so many miracles. We were getting into the car after getting juked and I saw this woman walking up to her door, I felt prompted to go and talk to her, she was wellll not the nicest person when we first started talking to her but I felt prompted to ask right away if she was baptized. She admitted she was and wanted us to leave, I felt very strongly that we should stay and asked if we could help clean her house and her attitude completely changed by the end of our conversation she said we could come back anytime. Miracle!  Almost the same experience happened with a less-active 5 minutes later, Learned a powerful lesson on following the Spirit.

I am learning a lot from these exchanges and getting so many incredible ideas on how to become better. Now hopefully I can implement them :) 

We went to see a former that Sister Dorneles taught while she was here a year ago; Louis is an eternigator from Hungary, when I saw him I instantly loved him. We had a really powerful lesson and his friend, Claire that speaks almost no English said she wanted to be baptized and Louis said seeing Sister Dorneles was the sign that he needed. It was a huge miracle after a pretty tough day. 

We watched the Christmas devotional and one of our family investigators came! The mom, Maria, cried during the last song. It was powerful! I love this holiday year and I could just imagine how ya'll were watching it...or watching it behind closed eyelids ;) 

With Christmas coming up a lot of magical things are happening in the mission. So grateful to be out during this time of year were more people are aware of our Savior, and remember what he has done for us. It is my prayer that we will ALWAYS REMEMBER HIM.

I love you all! Please be safe in the ICE cold! Stay safe!

Sending love from Joisey
Sister Houghton

New Zone

Cake Boss Delivery Truck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment