Thursday, October 31, 2013

Email from October 28th


Hello familia!

"Faith can give you the strength to press forward and face your hardships with COURAGE" This literally has been my motto this week. Even through the hard times we are seeing Heavenly Fathers hand in his work. I am grateful every day to be here.

We had zone conference and Sister Jeppson put on a Hot Dog costume and talked to us about eating healthy no "Hawt Dawgs" (she's hillarious) we learned how to ask more focused inspired questions something I Had made a goal to do earlier that week! On saturday we had International Night! We have been telling people about for months! Everyone brings food from their country to share. I tried food from everywhere....even some some that looked like throw up and tasted like cat food. We invited our investigators to come and THEY CAME! annnd the ones we weren't expecting to come did too! I couldn't help but jump up and down when I saw them. It was a wonderful night.

The Paterson Branch put on the smoothest running Primary Program that I have ever seen, no kidding this is a Miracle. Quiestest sacrament meeting Paterson has had EVER. We had lots of non-member familiy members come and from the opening song of "I am a Child of God" they were crying. It was a really touching experience, and the soon to be investigators :) said they would be back again. Little children have power when they share their testimony through song. Maybe the mission age should be lowered to 5? ;)

Druing Sunday School they had everyone introduce themselves and cute Sister Bosket (a returning member) stood up and said in her southern accent "Hi I'm Caroline Bosket and I'm here to serve my king" We ARE ALL here to do just that, to serve our Heavenly Father so we can one day return to live with him again. I love the simpleness of the gospel and the power of those words.

We made Robert and Marabell a countdown calendar for their baptism, and they are so excited, they both had parts in the Primary PRogram and said their parts so wonderfuly! I felt like a proud mom...sister? I got a lot of waves/thumbs up from them in the bleachers. So cute :)

I love you all soo much and I'm so thankful you all had a safe hike to Havasupai and back! SO impressed with how brave ya'll are, becasue I definatly would not be cliff jumping.... NO JOKE. AND you looked amazing hiking that whole way! Way to go. :)

With the Halloween holiday coming up remember that "Perfect Love casteth out all FEAR" Moroni 9:16 Let's remember who is really in charge! Have a wonderful Halloween dinner, eat lots of nasty looking food (but the kind that tast good too! ) I think I will make a little Houghton halloween suprise dinner for Sister Pastores, she's never had Halloween before :)

Oh also I contacted a man that was walking his cat...it was on a leash, it's a very good conversation starter. I love Jersey.

Sending love from Joisey
Sister Houghton

No comments:

Post a Comment