Thursday, October 31, 2013

Email from October 14th


HI FAMILY!
I can't express ENOUGH gratitude for praying for Al this week! We've seen miracles all week long.
We had a couple more principles to go over with Al before he could be baptized, AND not enough days to get it all done. I said a prayer and we realized that the only way he could be baptized in time is if we saw Al on walking day. We put our trust in the lord that a way would be prepared for us to get to Moonachie. well....we literally could not find a ride and we only had an hour to get there. I felt like we could walk there.... we only had a few highways to cross and with the help of Garmin' we made it half running/walking in an hour and 15 minutes, and we were able to teach Al (on his porch) so he could be baptized on Sunday! I learned that sometimes we have to put our faith into action. Heavenly Father will provide a way ONLY after we do our part...and do everything we possibly can.

AL was baptized! He came out smiling and happy. Watching someone you love so much enter into this sacred promise with our Heavenly Father is hard to describe, I couldn't help but say a prayer of gratitude for all of the miracles that we have seen and for AL making these changes to start his journey on the path. Also Tom Devingo (someone I got to teach in Caldwell) was baptized yesterday! I couldn't go but I am so excited for him! Miracles are happening here in Joisey. 

We helped a man push his car up the hill to a gas station. Found some new investigators! Ate Korean food, Philipino Food, African food and Italian food. AND we are NOT getting transferred. My very first time ever, not going to transfer conference. I'm excited for the opportunity to stay in this area and find more people to teach!
The gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives. I'm grateful to be here in this LOVELY GARDEN STATE (you can check out our mission theme song on YouTube New Jersey Morristown mission song...its really cool and I might be in it)
ALSO you are all the best. Thank you for your love and support and the prayers. Time to get to work! Lets go and share the gospel to the whole world.
I LOVE YOU
Sending love from the beautiful Garden State
Sister Heather Sue Houghton
P.S You can see our names on the mission blog about Al's baptism njmm.org....pretty sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment