Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1st email


Aloha!

I cannot believe it is already July?...just soo happens to be the best ok 2nd best month of the year (Christmas wins) but all the Summer funs and oh I don't know, something really awesome happens.... like July 11th is a really cool day for some reason? :) Thank you for all of your support, love, letters and prayers this last week. It was much needed and I'm soo grateful for you!

This last week was an exciting week here for us NJMM missionaries. We had a special summer chill event with ALL of the missionaries (230 of us) sports, skits, some food, and lots and lots of bonding time. Maybe one day I will be able to remember everyone's names...maybe
 
 
We got to go to the temple! We met up with a bunch of sisters in Jersey City and ended up by the World Trade Center? There was some confusion and Sister Dorneles, Sister Dotson and I were in lower Manhattan all by ourselves....and we needed to get to Upper Manhattan pronto. I said a prayer asking for help and felt guided to specific subway stations and people to ask for directions. We were able to make it to the temple and experience the peace that only the temple brings!  Heavenly Father was definitely looking out for us small town girls in the BIG CITY. I almost didn't want to leave, but don't worry, I decided that probably wasn't the best thing to do, there's people to find! So I'm back in good ol' Joisey.

 

I also discovered that while elevators are PRIME spots to talk with people about the church crowded subways and side walks in NYC are too. :) I got to talk with so many different types of people about the gospel. I met some nice NYPD officers and talked to them about the church, maybe they will let the missionaries into their home someday? :) We got to teach a mini lesson to an adorable older woman in Central Park. She was so sweet and kind to us and I hope that she will be able to get in contact with missionaries serving in that area. I was surprised by how many people recognized us, It is exciting to see the gospel rolling forward :) LOVE. THIS. WORK.

When we got back from the temple all three of us were pretty sick, but we are all better and ready to go again. 

Our investigator Adriana came to church! After sacrament meeting she started crying, she told us that this is where she is supposed to be and it feels right. We are so excited for her to feel that peace in her life. She heard the special member missionary training that the ward had and took it to hard, we went to visit her last night and she invited her friend and was helping us teach her friend about the church. She told us if she had FB she would be using it to find people to teach. How cute is she? She's getting baptized July 21st and we are just so happy for her.

This week I'm so grateful for the people that made our country free. For standing up for what they believed in, because of that we have religious freedom, what better gift can a nation have? GO USA!

I am grateful for each and everyone of you! Enjoy the family reunion and please be safe!

Mucho love!!
Sister Houghton


No comments:

Post a Comment