Friday, July 12, 2013


Hello my wonderful family! 

Thank you for the love and the early birthday wishes! You ALL know how I hate getting older, but lucky for me my birthday is just another day out here! wahoo! 

Shout out to my amazing cousin Elise!! Congrats on your mission call to MEXICO! Your going to tear the mission field up with your testimony :) Go convert those lamenites cuz! 


We have had an incredibly crazy busy week. On the 4th I had an exchange in Jersey City with some Spanish sisters. I was soo worried because well I don't speak Española. I'm about as English as it comes..... It's a walking area so the sisters do a lot of street contacting, we were walking down the street this woman walked by us and I felt prompted to turn around and talk to her.... the feeling was sooo strong that it stopped me mid stride, I turned and introduced the church to her she said "sorry no hablo English" ha luckily my companions could talk with her. Turns out this sweet woman was a former investigator and wants to hear about the gospel again! Even though I had NO IDEA what was being said...I could feel the spirit as my companions testified about Jesus Christ! No matter what language is being spoken the holy ghost will be there when we testify of truth. I absolutely Love the GOSPEL! 

While on the exchange I might have offended some Guatemalans that had us over for a bbq, they had us eat a HUGE hamburger AND then a hot dog... with all the sides I thought I was going to throw up! I could only eat half the hot dog, but I chose that over throwing up all over their beautiful patio. 

We got together with all the missionaries in our zone the night of the 4th. We have this Book of Mormon rap that is getting to be kind of famous :) some members recorded it and we might be the new YouTube sensation ;) We watched the fireworks at the Montclair Stadium, President Jeppson gave us special permission to be out later for the fireworks. IT FELT SOO WEIRD to be out so late. I honestly don't know how I was up that late before the mission? Early to bed is where its at! I'm grateful for this free country and for freedom of religion! It's an amazing blessing and all part of the wonderful plan.


Sister Dorneles goes on A LOT of exchanges so Sister Dotson and I are solo for half of the week. on Saturday we went out looking for less actives in the ward....to bring them back to the fold! Door after door after door. Nothing. We literally had zero lessons. We were driving to see one more person before curfew when Sister Dotson just flipped a Uey? (is that how you spell it?) and said she felt prompted to see a different sister. This sister was home! and told us that a month ago she made the decision to come back to church, and she took us coming as the sign she needed. We shared a message with her and asked her to say the closing prayer. While she was praying the spirit was almost tangible. We could feel Heavenly Father's love for the sweet sister. She started crying, we started crying, it was a humbling experience. She came to church yesterday and it was one of the sweetest experiences of the mission. I'm grateful that Sister Dotson was listening to the spirit and that this sister is ready to act on her desires! I just love this work :)  

This week is full of lessons and meetings! I wish I could write about everything but the work is just really moving forward. My training is almost over...I can't believe I'm almost at my 3 month mark! Time is flying! 

I love you all!!

Sister Houghton
 

Also! On my birthday ya'll should make a cake and eat it too! PARTAY it up ;) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment