Monday, July 15, 2013

Email from 7-15


Hello beautiful wonderful family! 

First off THANK YOU SOO MUCH for the wonderful Birthday surprise! I seriously wanted my birthday to be just another day out here, (I didn't even decorate the page in my planner...) but my companions had other plans. They made me cinnamon rolls and put up the birthday decorations that you got me, they made me lunch AND a Oreo cheesecake. They went above and beyond I was almost embarrassed from all the attention. Thank you for the wonderful gifts and GPS! It's literally going to be a life savor out here. Muchos gracious. I think my favorite thing was ALL of the letters It felt like ya'll were there with me telling me about your week and the fun Houghton Reunion. 


I saw the birthday celebration you had for me at home! It was cute and adorable, I can just imagine how loud and funny the happy birthday song was.  everyone sounded singing to me

We've seen miracles this week! We contacted a Golden Referral! Her name is Marla and she is hooked on the gospel and Mormon Messages! She's reading the Book of Mormon and has felt the spirit! She always answers questions we ask perfectly...often time I'm so taken back that I don't know what to say. We gave her a picture of the temple and Christ and she put them on her mantle in front of her statue of Mary. The Sisters and I were fist bumping each other...spiritually of course ;) 

The Ward Mission leader and all the missionaries in the ward put on a ward mission activity to get the ward PUMPED for missionary work. The leader just wanted to set up tables and chairs...BUT I just couldn't let that happen. We brainstormed with the Relief Society president and created a really cute theme and center pieces for the tables. It turned out really cute and it was fun to get to know the ward better....and show that sharing the gospel is FUN. 
 
 
Adriana is on track to be baptized on Sunday! There is 3 convert baptisms that day, we are soo excited for all of them! 

Yesterday we were trying to find people to teach, and we all felt prompted to go see a Less-Active and her husband who has been taking the lessons for many years. Turns out that they are going through a really hard time right now and were praying for the Sisters to come to their house. Heavenly Father is aware of our needs! Love the gospel!  

We have a very busy crazy P Day.... it goes by soo fast and sometimes we don't even get grocery shopping in. (The life of a missionary) But I promise I am trying to write everyone back, I'm soo sorry If I haven't written you back but I will try to today! 

I love you all! Thanks for your support and love! 

Sister Houghton


P.S 1. I have an awesome watch tan line on my wrist

       2. The elders gave me a "Farmer IQ" book for my birthday so I will know all the in's and outs of my new home town. 
 


Mosiah 5:13 "For how knoweth a man the Master whom he has not served?" Time to go out and serve! 


No comments:

Post a Comment