Monday, October 27, 2014

October 20, 2014

Hello Familia!

This week has been a whirlwind....so many beautiful....wonderful things have happened. and most of all my testimony of my Savior has been strengthened. I love Him. 

Our companionship is rock solid, I'm not trying to brag, but these Sisters are on Fire. We have been doing our best to teach and find and share the message! We shared the Restoration with everyone we taught, I LOVE sharing the First Vision part, I selfishly... pray that I get to be the one to share it with the member/Less-Active orr Investigator. There is power in Joseph's words. It is true! The church has been restored because of that moment! 

Well last week I completely forgot that It was my 18 month mark, I didn't even think about it....I forgot that I had to pack for departing trips and when my companeria's reminded me it was mad dash trying to get things together for the trip...I count it as a huge blessing from the Lord! I am completely loving being a missionary. If I decide to stay here in New Jersey, please understand that this place has my heart and ya'll can come visit me out here one day :) needless to say when they say it is harder to go home than come out they are compleltly right. But I am loving every single mili-second of my last week as a full-time representative. Every second

Holy Cow. 
I went on my departing trip! Yesterday we went to Ellis Island, Liberty Island, saw lots of 9/11 monuments , got a private tour of the Basilica in Newark( A very large cathedral that a Pope went to) they even let us sing church hymns. Felt like the cathedral in Hunch back of Notre Dam...wait that might be called Notre Dam? but whatever the case it is beautiful. We took soo many pictures. I loved being with all the Departing Sisters. There is a special bond with someone when you come out on a mission together and then leave together. They (with my comps) will be my Forever friends. 

Holy Cow #2 
I had my Departing Interview With President Taggart. (embarrassing story....I called Him President Jeppson three times.....) He is such an incredible leader. He gave me lots of advice about incorporating the Mission schedule into my life.....and so let it be known I will be getting up and going to sleep at a descent hour :) (ya'll can lift your chins of the ground now, missions  change us 110%) I have been so blessed with good leaders on my mission. They are imprinted upon my heart forever. My interview didn't get over until 9:00 last night, we had to sleep over at anothers Sisters Apartment so we could get be on time to curfew. That will be a total of 3 nights in a row sleeping being away with my bonita comps, guess its just preparing me for the inevitable.... :/

Holy Cow #3
I just had my last District Meeting. My last Role-play (in D-meeting) I literally just had my HOT SEAT. Hot seat: An even when departing missionaries, share stories/experiences with their zone. and I just had mine. It was a surreal moment, sitting in front of everyone in a large comfy chair, sharing embarrassing moments. I got pretty emotional! But I held it together. Literally the only thing helping me right now is the Enabling power of the atonement. He is the one helping me get through all of this departing stuff we have to go through. Christ is the one who is helping me, and has helped me my whole mission. He has taken my hands and pulled me through the bad, and guided me through the good. He is the one that has made the biggest impact on my life. HE has brought me eternal happiness! :) I am in-depted to him forever and ever. HE is the LIGHT. I am grateful for this ultimate sacrifice! 

This week has many more adventures coming up! I am going to the Manhattan temple tomorrow and then on Saturday with AL! II can't remember if I told you but He is receiving his endowments, and I couldn't be happier. I love this Joy! 

Thank you, thank you for your love and continued support on my mission. I am grateful for each and everyone of you! 

Love you all!
Sending love from Joisey
Sister Houghton (pronounced Hawt-ton)

"the tunnel" 9/11 memorial
Book of Mormon to the world
Playing the sax with sy our 80 year old investigator (he's a saxophone professional) 


xox

No comments:

Post a Comment