Monday, June 2, 2014

Memorial Day 2014


HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY Family!

This has been such an incredible week. Its starting to get warm, humid warm, sweating from every pore kind of warm and I am so happy. :) This week we were attacked by flying silk worms, (I want to gag every time I see one) I can't describe how nasty these things are, they fly from trees and latch onto your clothes, I'm scared out of my mind. I really try to control the fear in lessons, sometimes I can't help myself. But I really am trying. On the positive side we were given dingle hoppers! (new Fin-Fun product?) from our investigator Frankie, they can be used to brush your hair or scratch your back, pretty nifty, huh? and then at church we had 12 people come, huge tender mercy and we were running around like crazy. It has been such an exciting week. 

Dingle hoppers! 
Also I think the Lord heard your prayers, we were fed almost everyday last week, and sometimes more than twice a day. Feel free to pray for less dinner appointments ;) 

All last week we have been feeling prompted to see two specific less-active sisters, when we showed up both of them said that they had been praying for someone to come. These two specific tender mercies have shown me just how simply our Heavenly Father is aware of EVERY single one of his children. He wants them to feel his love. Romans 8:16-17. We are the HEIRS of God. How lucky are we? 

We had a miracle lesson with Frankie and Franklin, we used the cups (plastic cups to build up the church, its a great visual...and maybe a sister thing?) to teach the restoration. Frankie told us that he needed to be baptized and he was going to pray about it! We almost jumped up and shouted for joy... but that might have ruined the spirit of the lesson. It was a powerful moment and we feel he is ready for this step. :) 

....Donna, Katie, Joe and Joey have been doing wonderful! We taught the plan of salvation and they loved it. There has been a change happening with them, they are becoming happier, it has been incredible to watch. At the end of the lesson we asked them what they needed to do to get to the Celestial Kingdom. Both Joe and Joey said they needed to be baptized......and now the whole family is preparing for their baptism date at the end of June. They all came to church and Joey said he felt the spirit extra when we were singing the closing hymn. Such a tender mercy and confirmation that this is true for him.  Its really hard to describe how Sister Andrus and I feel about them, Love isn't a deep enough word. They are wonderful and we are blessed to watch this transformation take place in their lives. 

Memorial Day is a really big holiday here, there was a parade out of our window this morning, and I love, LOVE, LOVE parades, at the beginning of the parade they started playing the Mormon Tabernacle Choir as the background music..... Sister Andrus and I looked at each other in awe. I had to make sure we weren't still in Utah? nope we were in New Jersey and they were playing the Mo Tab. It was a miracle! Little by little everyone will be exposed to the truth. 

 



Its been a great week. Thank you for your love and support and help and encouragement and letters and prayers. I AM SO BLESSED. I hope you have an incredible Memorial Day and an even better week! Hurrah for the truth. 

Sending love from Jersey
Sister Houghton

 

No comments:

Post a Comment