Thursday, June 26, 2014

Jun 16, 2014


June 16

Hello Family :) 

I hope ya'll had an Incredible Fathers Day....Dad I'm happy Your an official Idahoan with all your fishing gear now, I will try to embrace my new roots by eating some kind of potato's tonight. 

We've been blessed this week spiritually and physically. First of all we somehow avoided a major car accident and hitting about 30 of God's creatures this past week. (they are literally everywhere) I started my robe on fire making Cream of Wheat for breakfast this morning. woops, luckily we took the battery out of the fire alarm due to some our past burning experiences. We also had a wedding AND Marie passed her baptism Interview!  

Yes a Wedding, This ward has been unbelievably helpful in helping provide for and help us prepare this big Day for Katie and Joe. Bishop Woll provided all the food, and it was incredible. Sister Slaugh brought the decorations for us, (I know you don't know these members, but I just wanted to include them in the letter because they are simply incredible!) Sister Goff provided the music, Sister Righetti and Ashley Smith helped set up and Sister Cicon played the piano, I am SO blessed to be here. 

But the room honestly looked so beautiful, I was even impressed, we hung white sheets up over the white boards and put Ivy around it, we also commandeered all the flowers and shrubbery from around the chapel to fill the room. We even had fresh flowers to work with, Katie was so happy and Joe told me that he almost fell over because she was so beautiful walking down the aisle. 

What I learned from this experience....Weddings are STRESSFUL but with God’s help we can do anything. The lord provides a way to KEEP his commandments and now Katie and Joe can both be baptized! Katie's baptism is planned for this Sunday and Joe's should be in a couple of weeks. If you could pray for Katie we would be so grateful!

Marie's baptism was supposed to be yesterday, but we ran into some complications, she couldn't get work off, and we were devastated. Literally. But we are praying that things will change in a couple of weeks. 

We had an All mission conference and President and Sister Jeppson spoke to us, they are INCREDIBLE people, and have been through so much. President opened up to all 250 of us and shared the most difficult times in his life, he spoke about the confusion and hurt he felt when his brother was kidnapped and murdered, and then when his father died, and the pain when he entered the MTC when the Dr's discovered cancer in his leg and had to cut it off, (one of the reasons President is such an amazing man, his an Amputee and you would never know, he plays sports with us and is never EVER complains) and then 2 years later STILL went on a mission. All of these experiences and stories were some of the most spiritual and sacred stories I have ever heard about trusting in the Lords plan. I cannot even do it justice, but the very last trial he shared with us, was the most powerful and touching. His 7 year old son was killed from bee stings, President tried to save him, but couldn't. In the hardest time in his life, he said he held the body of his son and cried to God for help, and heard God say "TRUST in me, I will never leave you, but I require you to TRUST me" And that is why Presidents theme is "TRUST" To trust in His plan, this work and in our Savior.  Every meeting we have he carries a wooden plaque around with the words "TRUST" It has become a motto for all of our lives.

Our Heavenly Father requires this of us because HE CAN see the BIG picture. He knows the plan perfectly. If we rely on him, and continue we WILL be saved. "Trust in the Lord with ALL thine Heart....in all thy ways acknowledge him and HE SHALL DIRECT THY PATHS" and I'm so grateful for it.

This is His work, I am so blessed to be a part of this huge force. Nothing is greater. Keep fighting, Keep pushing, and KEEP trusting in HIM! I love all of you soo much! 

Sending love from Jersey
Sister Ho-Ho-Houghton 


Fun Fact #1 Pizza is actually called a "Pie" here 




No comments:

Post a Comment