Monday, June 2, 2014

June 2, 2014

Hi Family
 
It has been a week of miracles and SUPRISES. Mosers, thank you for the surprise package. Aww you know the way to my heart is anything with sugar in it. Mom, thank you for the package, you are so great. AND that letter, it was wonderful :) inspiring, and I am one lucky chicka to call myself a Houghton. So blessed anyways (Houghton pride?) sorry I digress

We've had a week full of spirit led and spirit filled lessons, Ice cream runs (they save lives) and one Emergency Transfer.... Two weeks ago Sister Andrus had a dream she was emergency transferred. I told her to not say that because you just never know...well NEVER say NEVER--. surprise, we found out Wednesday that my companiara, Sister Andrus, was being" Emergency transferred"  and Sister Crow (MY MTC COMPANION!!!) was coming here due to a questionable creeper following after her. She's a beaut what can I say? Well that was hard having Sister Andrus leave. I love her a lot, But I am so thankful we got to be together for 9 weeks.  I am also so excited for her to move to her first next area and experience a change. I felt like a proud momma. She is going to tear it up. And Sister Crow?? my first companion- EVER. I have a lot of love for this sister, she is the epitome of quiet dignity and I am excited for all that I will learn from her. We never know what the Lord has in store for us. Before the mission, I hated change. You know that, but after moving 6 areas in 12 months and many wonderful companions I have learned to love change. (ok just a little more) It's never easy but It's how we grow, and GROW is not an option on a mission. Its inevitable. "I will Go and Do" what He asks of me.

That might not sound like big news, but on a mission that means packing and saying goodbye and lots AND lots of trust in God. Through all of that we have been able to see the hand of the Lord in our work, and had a wonderful week. The WHOLE Rankin family came to church again. They are incredible, I feel like they are my aunts and uncles, I want to run over and hug all of them every time I see them. But I will wait till that is legal, of course :) They are incredible.

My first lesson with Sister Crow was teaching the Law of Chastity with Donna, Katie, Joe and Joey. Sometimes that lesson can get to be a little uncomfortable/awkward. Its not what you say, but its HOW YOU SAY IT. Well we had been praying and praying for guidance to know what to do, Katie is pregnant, and we could see a clear direction of what to do, we presented them the options, and it JUST so happens that the day before their baptism is JUNE 21. This is a special day for me. Ya'll know why. Wellll it wasn't to hard to talk about a wedding that day, we asked them to pray about it, and let me tell you WE PRAYED AND FASTED for them. On Fast Sunday they called and said......"THE WEDDINGS ON!!" lots of jumping and hugging and praying for gratitude. We are trying to get things worked out and might need to have the wedding or baptism on a different day but God has defiantly been guiding us with this amazing wonderful family. They are making Incredible steps in their lives and the feeling of peace in their home is so apparent. The Gospel Blesses our Families and MOLDS us into better people. They weren't able to come to church but things are going well with them.

We are not alone is this work. In every trial, challenge and obstical we have someone to guide us. I read about the faith of the Stripling Warriors, they faced one challenge after the other but "did not DOUBT" and had "no FEAR" They were taught by their mothers (and fathers) how to live the gospel and TRUST in God. I feel the same way. I am forever grateful to my parents. Now is the time to put FAITH instead of Fear and trust in God in every aspect of the word. As missionaries we have to remember "Ye have not chosen me, but I have Chosen you" We were all chosen to work together to bring about this great work. How lucky are we?      

I had my last interview with President Jeppson, we talked about having the faith to Stay active Forever. It is a choice we must make now. When the challenges come, leaving the church will never be an option. His theme has been Love-Faith-Effort: TRUST. Trust in Him, doubt not, fear not. I'm grateful to have served with such an incredible mission president.

I love this work. I love you! Thank you for your love and support!

 Bill our investigator.... we just love him.
 


Sending love from Joisey
Sister Houghton

P.S I got a hot dawg from a hot Dog stand. I'm an official jersian :)
P.P.S TODD leaves in less than 2 months! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment