Saturday, May 24, 2014

May 12, 2014


Hello Family! 

I loved seeing all of your faces yesterday and hearing your voices, feels like I just called home for Mother’s Day last year? OH boy, time is really flying. 

TODD I am ECSTATIC for you to get your call, remember it doesn't matter where you serve....it matters WHO you serve. :) Give the lord your whole heart and you will love every second of your mission. (Even the hard ones) Also...when people have a hard time pronouncing Elder Houghton just say it's like Santa Clause "Ho-Ho-Houghton" trust me it helps. But getting called "Hot-en" isn't too bad either ;) 

My whole mission my jaw has been giving me some issues, and as time has gone on it's becoming more and more swollen. Just call me Chipmunk. It really is just pay back for when I used to laugh at Amber's cute wisdom teeth checks, she got pretty swollen...The mission nurse sent us to Dr. Thomas, he is a member and has helped the mission in many ways. They took my blood in the office, I was so nervous, Sister Andrus held my hand and I didn't pass out. victory! After that I got pretty slap happy, and did some embarrassing things, becoming a Dr is definitely not in my near future. A masseuse came in and gave me a massage, wow. I think all Dr's visits should end in one of those. :) We came out to our car to see a parking ticket stuck to our window, got to love parking police. Lesson learned ALWAYS put extra quarters in the meter. 

We had been praying for Heavenly Father to guide us with our plans, we felt prompted to put a less-active who has NEVER been home the 8 times we've tried. By the time we got back from the Dr's, paying the ticket it seemed almost silly to drive the extra 30 minutes just to try one more time. We decided to just knock somewhere closer and save the miles. But as we were driving to our new spot both Sister Andrus and I felt like we needed to stick with what we had told Heavenly Father we would do the night before. When we pulled up...(we were holding our breaths) and there in the driveway was a car! Miracles. We knocked and  met Sister Angel. She is a special woman and told us that she has desires to come back to church. .After we left we said a prayer thanking Heavenly Father for the guidance and that tender mercy. It was an incredible night. I learned that Heavenly Father ALWAYS does his part, the rest is up to us, we must exercise our faith and stick to the plans we've made (unless prompted by the spirit) :)

Sunday Pat was confirmed a member of the church. She was feeling pretty sick and tired but she came and I've never seen her so happy. She is a faithful woman and I've been blessed to  know her. After everyone raised their hands to welcome her she said "THANK YOU" I just wanted to go over and hug her, (but that definitely was not appropriate) Also saw one of my friends Sean from the Y at church, I'm serving in his home ward. Such a small world! 

I love you all lots and lots! Thank you for your love and support and just being you. You’re all incredible examples. Keep being missionaries!  Mom- So proud of you for Studying PMG. Maybe we can have comp studies when I get home? 

Sending love from Jersey
Sister Houghton

P.S Dad- loved seeing your face and hearing your voice. I'm positive you have some calming therapy in your voice.
Mom- you looked so pretty! :) so exited for you to start your new job today. "Hello this is Fin Fun" :)
Amber and JT- your still the cute newlywed couple, can't believe its been 2 years
Todd-Mr Shelley? so happy your loving it and graduating!
Jenn-umm cute! cute nails, and loved getting your dance pictures!
Rach- Thanks for the dance move, you better believe we are having dance parties!!

Taking a Bunny Rabbit for a walk.
I love you all!!! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment